Honda Innovations drives transformative collaboration within all areas of Honda. As part of Honda Innovations, Honda Xcelerator and Honda Developer Studio, two open innovation programs, serve as catalysts to discover and experiment with new technologies and business concepts. Honda Innovations partners with innovators of all shapes and sizes from startups to global brands and design and development communities to create cutting edge products and services. Honda Innovations is based in Silicon Valley and operates globally.
The Analyst will support the sourcing of startup companies, perform analysis and due diligence on high-value opportunities and assist with the operation of Honda Xcelerator’s global open innovation activities.
+ Support the sourcing of new engagements including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, and attending relevant conferences and networking events
+ Perform analysis and compile up-to-date competitive analyses on select target markets to develop concrete understanding of a market's landscape and quickly highlight breakthrough technology.
+Systematically track deal flow and relevant interactions with ecosystem partners, as well as, aggregate information for internal dissemination and reporting
+ Construct presentation-worthy materials and draft concise research briefs.
+ Support the team's internal processes by facilitating deal review sessions and proactively engaging with other team members to follow through on ideas and generate project proposals based on external technologies and newly identified use cases.
+ Continue to deepen already existent industry knowledge and contacts to help drive HSVL engagement strategy and effectively conduct due diligence.
- BS in Science, Engineering, Product Design or Business (MBA candidates preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build upon an existing personal network and cultivate a broad network of contacts and external partners.
- Solid understanding of early stage technology startups, venture financing, intellectual property laws, and corporate innovation.
- Creative and passionate about leveraging new technologies to create new experiences, improve human mobility and bring joy to customers.
- Proactive with an ability to adapt to dynamic circumstances.
- Position is based in Mountain View, CA. Domestic/International travel required is 20%-30%.
- Familiarity with the auto industry and previous work experience with a Japanese company is a plus
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Honda Xcelerator Analyst” as the subject.
Mountain View, CA