Are you ready to join the industry leader? State Farm is looking to add a group of rockstar students to our Summer Labs Internship Program! Our Labs Team is at the forefront of innovation, and we are offering our Interns the opportunity to do real-world work and collaborate with our teams as we build State Farm’s future. As a Fortune 50 Company, we only hire the best – we cannot wait for you to join our team!
We Are Looking For the Following
· Current Juniors & Seniors majoring in business, marketing, entrepreneurship, computer science, or related field
· GPA 3.2/4.0 preferred qualification
· Problem-solver mindset, and initiative to drive change
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written
· Ability to work in team environment
· Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze and execute professional level work
What You Can Expect:
· Researching startups with secondary sources
· Analyzing qualitative information from disparate sources
· Conducting market scans of emergent technologies, approaches, and/or business models
· Identify technology, trends, companies, as well as relevant products & services that could provide opportunities for State Farm.
· Build and maintain key relationships within Labs and across State Farm.
· Produce reports and presentations on research findings and scouting projects intended for a variety of audiences.
· Manage and maintain exploratory and scouting tools and resources.
· Participate in complex work assignments and contributes to deliverables or strategic assignments.
· Collaborate with other analysts on completing their assignments.
· Conduct secondary technology research and analysis including trends identification, examining company structure, financials, key people, business strategy, technology, intellectual property and partnerships.
· Handle multiple priorities and work efforts at one time.
· Complete meeting follow-up and tracking of different start-ups and companies involved in scouting engagements.
· Develop and generate reports, business summaries, and metrics.
· Handle incoming contact management and packaging of information for review.
· Handle NDA confirmation, initiation, and filing with Purchasing.
· Coordinate events, demo days, and networking opportunities for internal and external partners.
Our internship will occur between May 17th, 2021 - July 30th, 2021.
Selected interns will work approx. 38.75 hours/week
Internship Location – 835 Page Mill Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94304-1011
Last day to apply: 10/1
What’s In It For You:
· Competitive pay and a relaxed dress code
· Direct experience you can leverage for you future career
· An opportunity to learn and network with industry-leading influencers
· A Learning Environment: Mentoring and Development to help you succeed
· We love to give back! Being involved in volunteer opportunities to give back to the community
· A culture that embraces Diversity and Inclusion - it is simply the right thing to do!