Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATC) is looking for an Analyst with intellectual property experience to join the Hyundai CRADLE (www.cradleinc.com) in Menlo Park, CA.
Hyundai CRADLE is a corporate investment and open innovation organization of Hyundai Motor Group in Silicon Valley.
Hyundai CRADLE Investment Group is looking to add talented team members who are eager to learn more about future automotive, mobility, and other key strategic areas for Hyundai Motor Group. You have experience working in IP or IP strategy. You are looking to broaden your horizon and apply your experience to real investment deals. You will be part of the team making strategic investments into promising startups and working in collaboration with our colleagues across the company.
Supports Investment Group throughout the strategic investment process:
- Actively sources new deals for the team by attending industry events, meeting startups, and/or leveraging tech and investor networks
- Can quickly provide relevant research materials to the team
- Conducts due diligence of investment targets
* Due diligence could include product-market fit and competitiveness, business (revenue) model, valuation, potential co-investors, IP assessment, business risks, strategic fit, and post-investment development plan
- Collaborates with colleagues to write reports for investments and other related opportunities
- Monitors designated portfolio companies post-investment and writes update reports to communicate with internal stakeholders
Leverages own IP experience to support CRADLE colleagues:
- Creates and presents the IP landscape and trends in areas of strategic interest
- Tracks progress of designated startup’s IP portfolio and changes to the IP landscape around the company (post-investment)
- Works with appropriate partners (in-house legal team, outside law firms, outsourced analysts, etc.) to provide support on IP issues, as needed
Must be intellectually curious, able to digest lots of new information quickly and formulate and iterate on a point of view.
Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to represent Hyundai CRADLE professionally.
Must have prior experience working in teams and be a team player, but also individually motivated to work hard and get things done in a timely manner.
Must have a growth mindset, can quickly adapt to changes, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Travel 20% domestic and international.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
* 3 years of Intellectual Property (IP) licensing / transferring and analysis experience, experience at a technology transfer office, or management consulting
* Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
* Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
* HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor
* Patent agent or experience in venture capital (VC) or corporate venture capital (CVC) is a plus
To Apply, Click here