PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. At PACCAR’s Silicon Valley Innovation Center we get early access to cutting edge technology across a number of different areas, including autonomous driving and electrification, which means we’re always learning and facing new challenges. Our new office is spacious and modern, with high ceilings and several truck bays. We are a tightly knit team that values collaboration and results.
An Opportunity to Explore Cutting Edge Technology
In this role you’ll work closely with the Innovation Center's Director of Business Development to find and evaluate cutting edge startups from around the world, and introduce them to Paccar. Technology areas include autonomous driving, electric vehicles, manufacturing technology, and more.
We have a new facility in the heart of Silicon Valley with several prototyping vehicles. You can find pictures of our office here.
* Make contact with innovators and perform initial evaluations of team and technology.
* Attend local events to network, sense trends, and find startups of interest.
* Search online databases and news articles for relevant technologies.
* Take meeting notes, make summaries and recommend specific companies of interest for further follow-up.
* Assist with local technology events that the Paccar Innovation Center hosts from time to time.
Although our office is not currently doing equity investing, this role provides very relevant experience for Venture Capital.
Here is What We're Looking For
We prefer candidates that are currently enrolled in an MBA Program. Although candidates with a technical background are also preferred, this is not a requirement.
* Self-starter who can solve problems and get things done with limited oversight.
* Possesses the intellectual horsepower to quickly come up to speed on the basics of an unfamiliar technology and ask relevant questions.
* Skilled at networking; able to readily meet new people.
* Advanced interviewing, listening, and rapport building skills.
* Poise and professionalism to represent Paccar in a business capacity.
* A deep interest in mobility, technology, and business.
Feel free to contact me through LinkedIn, Paul Konasewich.