Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Electronics Research Laboratory (ERL) represents the Volkswagen Group in applied research and development. Our mission is to develop innovations and technologies for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries and research institutions into the automotive domain.
This position will be responsible for creating cutting edge speech and conversational A.I. interfaces to bring new connected-car functionality to the automotive market. The position gives the opportunity to develop production implementations of conversational agents for front-ends like Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Facebook Messenger chatbots for VW Group brands.
* Investigate and develop technical concepts and solutions for new generation of speech services enabling voice control of connected-car features.
* Design, develop, and maintain NLU agents and Dialog Managers, with particular attention to scalability.
* Out-of-the-box thinking by adding to the existing infotainment ecosystem.
* 5+ years of full-stack software product development experience.
* 3+ years of experience implementing online service APIs.
* Experience developing and/or architecting speech front-ends for Amazon Alexa, Google Home and related products.
* Proficient in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++.
* Experience developing one or more components of a Speech processing pipeline (ASR, NLU and/or DM).
* Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining RESTful services.
* Familiar with development and deployment on cloud systems such as AWS (using DynamoDB, ElastiCache, etc.).
* Experience with optimal integration of internal/proprietary, third party, and open source technologies to solve complex problems in a customer-centric manner.
* Proficiency in Linux.
* Familiarity with development tools (git, Jira, Confluence etc.).
* Familiar with the design & analysis of computer algorithms and data structures.
* Advanced knowledge of networking and distributed systems.
* Experience building embedded speech modules.
* Experience with speech application frameworks like Google Dialogflow, Amazon Lex.
* Experience in implementing microservices and back-end architectures in highly modular deployments.
* Experience in a collaborative and interdisciplinary research environment.
* Familiarity with mobile development on Android and iOS.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, EE, ME, Engineering or equivalent
* MS preferred
Chuhee Lee at email@example.com