For Stanford faculty, students, researchers and staff conducting research at VAIL to register for general VAIL access:
1. Fill out the VAIL Access Request Form and have it signed by your PI.
2. Read and sign the VAIL Safety and Operational Policies.
3. Complete the mandatory safety training:
a. Provide EHS-4200, General Safety & Emergency Preparedness proof of completion (Axess > STARS) to email@example.com.
b. Electrical Safety EHS-2800 (download here, password available from building management).
c. Schedule safety tour by building management.
4. Contact building management and get registered (bring your Stanford ID and signed VAIL Access Request Form).
For VAIL Machine Shop access:
5. Complete 1-4 above plus
6. Complete Chemical Safety for Laboratories, EHS-1900 and provide proof of completion (Axess > STARS) to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Enroll & complete the next quarterly VAIL Machine Shop training class. Please contact building management for schedule.
For VAIL Machine Shop access with use of machines:
8. Complete 1-7 above plus
9. Complete ME203
For Machine Shop and CNC access:
10. Complete 1-7 above plus
11. Complete ME318: Computer-Aided Product Creation
Please contact building management with further questions.
For access questions:
Adele Tanaka, email@example.com
For other facility questions:
Larry Cathey, firstname.lastname@example.org